Thursday, June 9, 2011

Five Love Languages










I have the happiness to say that I married my soul mate. My husband supports me in my madness; He is very responsible, good father, good son, enterprising, affectionate and even helps me with the house. We love each other very much.

achieve happiness
But hey, they say that nobody is perfect. And we could say that when God created the romance, it was not in this division. Do not think that he is an ogre, he has the most beautiful nature you can imagine, he is usually happy. And always remember to buy roses for my birthday and Valentine's Day. For me (and everyone is different) the idea of showing love to another person, in addition to making sacrifices for her, respected, supported, understood, and so on. Also given gifts, surprises and show others how much you love openly.

Then, a few years ago we went to a lecture in which we talked about a book called "The Five Love Languages" by Gary Chapman. He explains that all express love in different ways and usually expressed in the same way they expect.

The five forms are:

1. Words of affirmation
2. Quality time
3. Receiving Gifts
4. Acts of Service
5. Physical touch

how to be happy
After hearing the talk about the book my husband and I discovered that the way he shows his affection is doing acts of service and expects the same from me. I, however am the hopeless romantic waiting for times like those in the movies.

For several years we have reached a middle ground in which we try to show our love in the way that the other likes even though it is no big deal. I try to do things for him, as serving food on the table when I can (as he likes) or do something that he had to do. Instead, he tries to dedicate a song or write a note from time to time.

If you have not read this book with your partner, I highly recommend doing so. It will help you understand more. Yes, never forget the most important thing is communication, be always evaluating the relationship together and trying to adapt to each other.

0 comments: